Thursday, April 30, 2015

Life Down Under

Our washer and dryer are in our unfinished basement and with a family of five we spend a LOT of time down there. I fold clothes while the girls ride their bikes. If they're not playing red light, green light and crashing into everything so that Officer Mom gives them a ticket, they're pretending to be the tortoise and the hare and racing around in circles until the tortoise miraculously crosses the finish line in first place. Every time. Here they are lined up at the starting line:


Hare June decided to take a nap. Bad move, Hare!


Things get real crazy when they go Hare vs. Hare, but nothing stops them in their tracks like when the washing machine goes into the spin cycle. When that happened the other day June looked at it with her huge brown eyes and said, "Monster trying get out of there!" Next thing I knew she was upstairs. I thought she wanted to get away, but soon she was back down and disguised as a wolf.


She marched right up to the washer and yelled, "Boo! Boo! Boo, Monster!" She wasn't the least bit scared. Avery, on the other hand, started bawling. I guess even 45-month-olds have their limits.

And that is our life down under.


No comments: